Suffolk is one of the safest places to live and work and the chances that you, your family or your neighbours will become a victim of crime are low. However, if you are planning a day out, going on holiday or just going out for the evening; take some time to think about your personal safety and the security of your home, your possessions and any vehicles.
There is a wealth of information available, so we have picked out some practical tips and advice for you to consider:
- Secure your Home before you leave
- Think about how you are getting to where you are going and plan how you are getting Home
- Securing your vehicle
- Take care of your possessions whilst you are out
- Register your property (mobile phones/iPads etc.) and download a ‘tracking’ App
- If consuming alcohol, know your limits
- Planning to drive the day after drinking alcohol? Are you still over the limit?
Also check out these ‘YouTube’ clips about how to secure your house, deter potential burglars and other security measures:
- Top ten tips to keep your house secure and deter potential burglars
- Further Home security tips
- Don’t leave valuables in an unlocked shed, nor ladders or tools that could help a burglar
- Lock windows and doors Security
Working to keep the people of Suffolk safe