You are less likely to become a victim of vehicle crime in Suffolk than in many other counties, but this is no consolation if your phone, wallet, handbag or satellite navigation equipment is taken and your vehicle damaged in the process.
Here’s what you can do:
- Never leave anything on view
- Take audio and satellite navigation equipment with you
- Remove the satellite navigation cradle and wipe away any windscreen mark
- Never leave the car with the engine running, or the keys in the ignition
- Fit self-locking screws to prevent number plates being stolen
- Always lock your car and fully close windows and sunroofs
- Fit anti-theft devices to steering wheels, fuel caps and wheels
- Park in safe, well-lit areas. Use secure car parks
This advice has been re-produced on a vehicle crime poster, available here to print out and display, as required.
Alternatively if you would like to pass on information about any crime anonymously, contact Crimestoppers: