The most common tricks they use to get into people’s homes and steal money or valuables are:
- claiming to be from the waterboard.
- asking to use the toilet or telephone.
- claiming to have lost a ball in the garden.
- offering to do work on the house, such as gardening or building work.
- claiming to be from a charity, the local council or the police.
We have an active campaign, working with Suffolk Police, entitled “Knock Knock” to tackle bogus callers and we need your help. Please remember the victims of these crimes are mainly the elderly and vulnerable.
So what can you do?
Have you ever talked about home security with your parents, neighbour or someone whom you know who could be vulnerable to this despicable crime? If not…
View original post 209 more words